Tank Vent HEPA & Activated carbon filters
Alfaintek Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks are used for adsorption of hazardous and pollutant chemical vapors produced during thermal breathing, filling or draining of closed pressureless storage tanks, they are also used to trap sand, dust.
Benefits of Alfaintek Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks which trap odour, sand and dust:
- Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks can be used for large storage tanks with high airflow
- Due to the unique design, Alfaintek Tank Vent Filters and Odour Filters can at the same time solve several problems of the incoming and outgoing air
- Standard material used is Al galvanized sheet steel or stainless steel
- Super tough corrosion resistant construction for long lasting in-field operation
- Special construction of Tank Vent Filters for operation in cold and hot climates
- Freezeproof in winter, retaining filtration effectiveness
- A range of special activated carbons can control the odorous, hazardous or toxic vapor contaminants of the displaced air arising from the tank vent
- Ease of handling, with problem-free cartridge exchange
- Can be equipped with a pre filter
- Low pressure drop tank breather filters designed to avoid dangerous over-pressurization of storage tanks. Tank Vent filters can keep pressure drop lower than 250Pa or 2,5mbar
- Alfaintek Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters are manufactured in a standard range of designs and sizes or may be custom built to suit specific filtration requirements
- Filtration efficiency is up to 99,9%
- Suitable for installation in enclosed and outside positions
- Flange connection
- Can be equipped with pressure/vacuum relief valve
Clean air must be allowed to flow into the tank when it is emptied and air must be able to escape when the tank is filled. Alfaintek Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon and Odour Filters for Storage Tanks are designed to allow sufficient air flow to match the rate at which liquid is added or removed and during thermal breathing of the tank. By passing through a tank vent filter the air can be cleaned of dirt, chemical compounds and water vapor that could spoil the liquid in the tank. Tank Vent Filters and Odour Filters clean the air from odorous, hazardous or toxic vapor contaminants which can escape from the tank and also prevent dust and sand from penetrating the tanks.
For a Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks including Odour, Sand and Dust Filters to function properly, the proper absorption media must be chosen according to the type of the chemicals in incoming or outgoing air. The life of the absorption media in the Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks including Odour, Sand and Dust Filters will depend upon a number of factors including environmental conditions, airflow rates, prevailing gases, gas levels, system size, the type of media and the operating temperature of the system as well. When the filtration media becomes saturated, tank vent filter cartridges need to be replaced assuring seamless operation.
To maintain proper air flow in the tank, tank vent filter sizing becomes a very critical process. Proper sizing of a tank vent filter is very important to prevent damage to the tank. These are the reasons why sizing is crucial:
- Maximum discharge, filling liquid rate or the design flow rate of air going through the Tank Vent HEPA & Activated Carbon Filters for Storage Tanks needs to be known as the flow rate of air into or out of the tank will correspond to the rate that the tank is drained or filled
- Thermal inbreathing and outbreathing of the tank
- The maximum and minimum operating temperature of Tank Vent Odour Filters for Storage Tanks
Storage tanks located indoors, outdoors and underground are subject to accumulations of moisture, dust and chemicals though vent caps, that is why Tank Vent Filters is must to have.
Alfaintek HEPA and Activated Carbon Filters are designed to remove contaminants from biogas or air and to trap odour, dust and sand. Depending on the air pollution, the most suitable activated carbon media is selected based on what needs to be removed (usually H2S hydrogen sulfide or siloxanes).
- Stainless steel construction
- Flange connections
- Top / side hatch for loading / removing activated carbon